The living room is often considered the heart of your home. It is where we all come together with our families and loved ones. That is why it is critical for your living room to be beautifully decorated and something you enjoy for years to come.
But when it comes to lounge décor, most focus on functionality rather than looks. This is especially the case for homes that have young children. However, it should not be that way. All homeowners want their living rooms to stand the test of time. But that does not mean you must compromise on elegance and style.
Tips for Luxury Room Décor
If you are wondering how to decorate a luxury living room, you are at the right place. This blog will focus on helping you design a beautiful and luxurious living room that will look great for years to come.
- Be Selective Of The Color Scheme – If you go for a theme that uses colors, we suggest you stay clear of all bright tones. Look for muted tones like mint green, powder blue, and lemon.
- Add Trim And Molding – If you want to give your living room a sophisticated look, consider adding trim or molding. Though you need to hire a professional for this, the luxury it adds will make it worth the cost.
- Select The Right Flooring – Think hard about what you like and don’t, as well as what would work well with the overall style of the living room, to select the perfect flooring.
- Invest In Chic Furniture – If the furniture you already own doesn’t fit the new style, we suggest you replace it with something more elegant and stylish.
- Multi-Layered Lighting – Nothing can beat excellent home lighting! You can quickly transform your living room into a luxurious space with the right lighting plan.
- Decorate Your Windows – Windows gives you the perfect opportunity to include a luxurious fabric to the mix and make it a statement area for all your guests. However, if you are on a budget, you can find several expensive-looking materials that don’t break the bank.
- Add Metallics – Metallic items can help you elevate your interior design to a new level without costing a fortune.
- Add Large Artwork – When it comes to art, we suggest you always go big. They don’t necessarily have to be expensive. You can always visit a local flea market and look for a beautiful art piece with a unique frame.
- Don’t Shy Away From Contrast – Stick all bright tones with your furniture and add color via accessories.
- Let There Be Natural Light – Fresh air and natural light are critical components of a modern living room design since they make any space look big, bright, and airy.
If you keep these rules in mind, you can quickly transform your standard living room into a luxurious one. DesignWorks offers experienced interior designers that can help. Contact us today for your initial consultation.